An anti-Donald Trump rally and march “to shut down Trump’s racist vision for America” is scheduled from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. tonight at Wayne State University.
The public is invited to the rally, which is being organized by the protest group, By Any Means Necessary.
The rally begins at 5 p.m. in front of the undergraduate library on campus. It will be at least the third anti-Trump rally in Detroit since Tuesday’s election. Protesters marched on the streets of Detroit during separate rallies on Wednesday.
According to BAMN, the purpose of the rally is to:
- Defend immigrant rights
- Stop Trump’s deportations
- Support open borders
- Shut down immigrant concentration camps (detention centers)
- Defend sanctuary cities and sanctuary campuses
- Make Wayne State a sanctuary campus
- Oppose the wall and the militarization of the border with Mexico
- Stop the creation of a Trump-led police state
- Build a mass movement for democracy and equality to stop Trump’s racist and misogynist movement of hate.
“We will not accept the coming to power of a fascist movement in America, BAMN said on its Facebook event page. “No Trump Tyranny!”
Motor City Muckraker will provide live coverage of the event on Facebook and Twitter.
Motor City Muckraker is an independent, ad-free watchdog that relies on donations. Your contribution will help us continue serving as a watchdog who answers to no one but the public.
Steve Neavling lives and works in Detroit as an investigative journalist. His stories have uncovered corruption, led to arrests and reforms and prompted FBI investigations.